[MLB-WIRELESS] GPS and GSM transciever

Rowan 2006 rowan2006 at sensation.net.au
Tue Nov 21 14:38:29 EST 2006

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006, emdeex wrote:

> This must be a bargain?  A GPS receiver, with a GSM/CDMA modem, for $99 ?
>
> http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/transcom-vts3000x-mobile-communications-gateway-gps-gprs/?utm_source=dealsnewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=category&utm_campaign=DealsNewsletter21112006

Wow! I often go for ad-hoc country drives so I wanted to set up something
simple that would display on a map where I was located, just in case
anything ever went wrong. Looks like this may be the ticket...

The only thing that bothers me a little is the reference to the "NC3000
Communications Gateway" at the other end, and the lack of included
software. Australia's excessive GPRS costs are also a concern. ;)

Hmmm...wouldn't it be cool to be able to switch those I/O ports remotely!
;)

Cheers.