[MLB-WIRELESS] low power computers (somewhat off topic)

gabrielle harrison and Paul van den Bergen gabpaul at melbpc.org.au
Wed May 31 15:50:25 EST 2006

Hi All,

My dad lives up the country, off the grid.  He is looking at getting a new
PC. currently he is using a laptop (mac) but is happy to switch to other
HW/os's - most prob. windows but I'm sure he could cope with linux...
anyway, I'm looking for a vendor who understands low power requirements -
or recommendations of hardware to get.  I figured here would be a good
place to start...

requirements of the system are basic word processing, camera images, some
minor webpage stuff. I.e. nothing heavy. They will be getting satelite
broadband/VOIP seperately. So really basic requirements, other than the
low power...

Please reply off list unless you figure it needs telling to the world...

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
Chance favours the prepared mind