[MLB-WIRELESS] New Node to be

Ratbaggy wireless at smithsgully.net
Mon May 15 17:09:52 EST 2006

Hi All,

The construction of this exciting new Melbourne Wireless hub and its
backbone links is well under way already.  Up until now the hill at
Heidelberg has been an obstacle to those in the Northern suburbs trying to
connect to the East but this will turn the geography to our advantage.

* Mark (IKD ILW etc.) has offered to purchase an 80 watt solar panel and
construct the power system.
We'll monitor the performance over the first weeks to see exactly how much
more solar capacity is required.
* A pair of 12V 100A/H battery have been purchased.
* Antennas have been ordered
* R100's are already at hand

We are looking for a large(ish) outdoor enclosure to hold batteries and
solar regulator.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to configure the site or hardware to
offer please feel free to comment / contribute!

Regards,

Dave.  (HKG GVQ HLT etc.)