[MLB-WIRELESS] open wrt compatable gear

Ian Donaldson ian at myinternet.com.au
Wed May 10 09:30:07 EST 2006

Hey Nath,

On 09/05/2006, at 9:29 PM, Nath wrote:

> I'm keen to play with openwrt (www.openwrt.org) on a router/AP and
> am not sure what hardware to get. I am thinking that the linksys
> WRT54GL a good option as it is listed as supported in the hardware
> table on the openwrt wiki. I was wondering if anyone has used
> openwrt on one of these? Is this reasonable hardware for openwrt or
> should I get something else?

I'd get the Asus WL-500G (aka the Mitsubishi R100). No worries about
revisions and it even has a USB port. There is also the Asus WL-500G
Deluxe which has 32 Mb RAM vs the non Deluxe 16 Mb, as we as 2 x USB
2.0 ports versus the non-Deluxe 1 x USB 1.1

The WL-500 is available everywhere, but the Deluxe is a little harder
to find. i-store have them for $160. They are in Lonsdale Street
Melbourne.

http://www.i-store.com.au/product/?CategoryID=6&productid=7071

Regards,

Ian
--
Ian Donaldson, Solutions Architect, CSM Advanced Solutions Group
Ph: +613-83792065               e-mail: ian.donaldson at csm.com.au