[MLB-WIRELESS] IP Cameras

Simon Hall simon.hall at getstarted.com.au
Sat May 6 09:07:40 EST 2006

Thanks for the opinions.

I've been considering a wireless one as running all the ethernet would be a
pain.  The real intention for the camera is to get the image on my blog
working again.  When I was in the UK I had a mini-itx box with a webcam on
it (mini-itx box has since turned its toes up).

I have seen the following on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-IP-Camera-system-Micro-Web-Server-USB-Camera_W0QQitemZ6054204611QQcategoryZ20589QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Network-IP-Cam-Internet-Security-Camera-Spy-Webcam_W0QQitemZ9720906205QQcategoryZ48629QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Wireless-Network-IP-Cam-Internet-Camera-Spy-Webcam_W0QQitemZ9720906594QQcategoryZ14957QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

When I started looking I suppose I did get a bit carried away with the the
thought of adding Pan and tilt etc, but really all I want to do is have the
image refresh every 20-30 seconds or so.

so any other suggestions or ways that others are doing stuff like that might
make me rethink.

Cheers