[MLB-WIRELESS] WRT54GL

David Ashburner d_ashburner at hotmail.com
Wed May 3 11:32:17 EST 2006

On May 2, 2006, at 5:51 PM, Richard Ap-Thomas wrote:

> Looking at getting one (WRT54GL) and sticking OpenWRT or the build
> available from melbourne wireless, just wondering if anyone has got one
> and had luck with installing on them? Same as WRT54G v4.0 afaik, 4 MB
> flash and 16 MB ram...

Might be better ( = cheaper and same functionality ) to get the Asus
WL500G or Mitsubishi Diamond R100. I think you are going to be paying a
premium for the GL version of the WRT.

The cool thing about the Asus / Mitsubishi ( same box different
branding ) is the radio is on a mini-pci card so you
change it if you want - the broadcom radio in the WRTxxx is probably
it's weakest point

http://www.melbournewireless.org.au/wiki/?WL500G