[MLB-WIRELESS] Backbone progress

Peter Buncle peter at nmc.net.au
Sat Jun 17 22:56:55 EST 2006

Well we've been talking about building a backbone for a while,

Now it's starting to happen.

Mike , Big john & myself after a long day,
have got a the new site 'JIA' running.

It's only early days & we've just setup initial
equipment at the moment.
But it's running & has a dedicated link to GHO.

It also has an OMNI on vertical pol for Line of sight checks & linkup.

The line of sight  from the tower is about perfect from due west through
to the
north west.

So for those of you from Nunawading to the city , you now may have more
options to connect in !

PS , welcome back Richard (GDW) to the network.

Cheers

Peter

http://www.mailguard.com.au/mg