[MLB-WIRELESS] Wi Max

David Ashburner d_ashburner at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 2 08:58:45 EST 2006

On Jun 1, 2006, at 5:11 AM, Daniel Whitehead wrote:

> My work sells
>
> Mikrotik Routerboards. Pretty decent piece of hardware. Supports both
> 2.4 and 5.8 with a CM9. Also will support ad hoc. Also a nice appy to
> configure them (winbox). Also their firmware or OS works on both the
> boards and an x86 computer.
>
> website www.mikrotik.com or www.routerboard.com

Nice bit of kit. I would go for the 500 series with the MIPS processor
though more bang / buck.
The $US list price is expensive for community type networks, probably
reasonable if you are a commercial entity.

$US 165 = approx. $220 + (95 x 2 for 2 CM9 ), you're looking at 400
before you start adding cables and antennae

What are the local prices like?