[MLB-WIRELESS] Setting different Regulatory Domains?

vak vak at alphalink.com.au
Sat Jul 1 17:12:12 EST 2006

Hi Emdeex,

Setting the regulatory domain (in my experience) only affects which
channels (and hence) which frequencies you can select/use.

Here is a brief comparison of the frequencies selectable in the
different regulatory domains:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo1200/accsspts/ap120scg/bkscgaxa.htm

Your average home wifi device will have a power output level of
somewhere between 30-100mW - even though there is a specification for
the regulatory domain in terms of power output, generally you won't
actually be able to achieve the maximum power output out of the box - so
manufacturers don't bother altering the power output when you select the
specific regulatory domain within your device.

So in short, to answer your question, I don't believe altering the reg.
domain will alter your power output levels.

Regards,

Vaskos