[MLB-WIRELESS] Article: Advocates of Wi-Fi in Cities Learn Art of Politics

Dan Flett conhoolio at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 26 01:04:07 EST 2006

Here's a great article in the New York Times about the history and future of
community wireless in the USA.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/19/technology/circuits/19wifi.html?_r=1&8cir&
emc=cir

The article mentions the Champaign-Urbana mesh network and then says that
Seattle Wireless network is taking a different approach - the fixed,
infrastructure-style point-to-point network that we're all familiar with
here.  But I stumbled on this tonight too:
http://seattlewireless.net/OlsrExperiments

Seattle Wireless are experimenting with OLSR mesh networking - and they seem
quite happy with it. :)

Cheers,

Dan