[MLB-WIRELESS] Routing Confusion!

Asela Fernando ace_101_ at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 21 00:22:25 EST 2006

Ok here's my story:
I have a WL500G, and a R100. Both units are identical physically and
technically.
The Wl500G is being used in my private lan/wlan, and I plan to put the R100
in client mode, hook it to my galaxy antenna and roam the skies looking for
a connection. Then I'll attach a senao with an 8db omni to it to offer local
access to MW.
I plan to use the WAN port on the R100 to hook up into my local lan.

I've installed OpenWRT WhiteRussian RC4 on the R100, disabled the firewall,
broke the bridge between the radio and the LAN ports and configured the WAN
port.
I plugged the WAN port onto my WL500G router, and i could ssh into it from
the computers on my lan. Plugged a laptop into the lan ports on the R100,
and I could ssh into it as well. I am also able to use "wl scan" to search
for networks. So far so good.

Untill I hit this wall:
A Computer connected to the R100 (via lan or radio), cannot communicate at
all with a computer connected to the Wl500G, and vice versa.
A Computer connected to the radio, cannot communicate with a computer on the
lan ports of the R100 and vice versa.
This would be because each interface has different subnets.
Now I just need to figure out how to route between them.

R100 |------> 24db Galaxy (IP: 10.10.130.18, made up I haven't conencted to
anyone yet. Client Mode)
          |------- Laptop on LAN port (IP: 10.10.146.2)
          |----------Planned Senao 2611 Addition ------> 8 db Omni
          |-------------- WAN Port (IP 192.168.1.4)-------|WL500G
                           (IP:192.168.1.2) Desktop on LAN-----|
                      (IP:192.168.1.3) Web Server on LAN-----|
                                     Cable Modem WAN Port------|
The address of the Wl500G is 192.168.1.1
and the address of the R100 is 10.10.146.1 (lan) 192.168.1.4(wan)
So on the desktop computer I can ssh to 192.168.1.4 into the R100, and on
the laptop I can ssh into 10.10.146.1 which is also the R100.
But the desktop nor the laptop can ping each other.
The R100 is able to access the internet.
The iptables on the R100 are completely flushed.
So I just need some step by step instructions to setup routes between the
interfaces on the R100, and to get a firewall up to protect the WAN port of
the R100 which links my home network to MW, setup DHCP to hand out IPs to
clients connecting via the Senao and DNS and give access to port 80 on my
webserver to people on MW.
Or if reading all this has got you as confused as myself, then I think I
should just turn up at the meet and get some help there lol

Thanks,
Asela Fernando