[MLB-WIRELESS] Good Idea or Pipe Dream ?

brendan at povey.com.au brendan at povey.com.au
Wed Jan 11 22:06:32 EST 2006

Hi guys,
I am new to the wireless scene. trying to setup a wireless link to a Melbourne
wireless node, only no real luck so far as I'm at Tarneit. (near
Werribee).However i had and idea.  I am an electrician, I do most building
maintenance for unis , shopping centres, and other commercial buildings.

 I was wondering if the owners of these building could be convinced to lend some
space on their roofs (given it wouldn't be a problem to get power to these
sites). would it be possible or useful to maybe put repeater nodes on top of
some of these buildings possibly linking the nodes along the way and provide
access to that local area using omni antenna that could be donated or
purchased.

I understand this is probably a pipe dream just thought id put it to you guys,
who would know better and see if its feasible.

Thanks Brendan Povey