[MLB-WIRELESS] Details on the server outage.

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Mon Feb 27 18:17:11 EST 2006

On Mon, February 27, 2006 8:49 am, Dan Flett wrote:
> Nice work Steve,

Ta. I suprised myself with the speed at which it was back up and running.
In the past, it took us 3-4 days of flat out work including up to 3 people
to build it up due to all the custom map server bits that were required -
however these have been made into RPMs now (especially for Fedora Core 4!)
so installing and configuring the map server only took 2 commands!

> Looks like we had our server move forced on us sooner than we expected!

True! We're now in our new hosting providers rack as the sale of Alphalink
to Chariot meant that our hosting agreement was terminated. We were given
up to a month to shift out our equipment, but due to the outage and work
required, we pushed this forward to the weekend just gone.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: http://www.crc.id.au
Phone: (03) 9017 0597 - 0412 935 897

Sendmail is like emacs: A nice operating system, but missing
an editor and a MTA.