[MLB-WIRELESS] Swapping the broadcom radio for an atheros card in an R100

lukebaldan ljb2005 at iprimus.com-dot-au.no-spam.invalid
Thu Dec 21 16:01:02 EST 2006

Hi guys, i've got two AP's running on the melbournewireless network.
One of them is connected to a 9db omni for public access
(http://10.10.130.50 if you're on the network,
http://baldan.dyndns.org if you are not). I am wanting to swap out
the broadcom radio for an atheros card which are known to perform far
better tha the broadcom, there's a 400mw card available which would be
perfect for my needs. I'm runnin a mitsubishi R100 with a mini pci
slot so the physical change isn't much of a hassle, however in terms
of software, what am i going to need? I'm currently running openwrt
rc6, i know i'll need madwifi drivers, but what sort of configuration
is involved? Thanks for any help, Luke