[MLB-WIRELESS] {Spam?} 802.11preN hardware

Mark Aitken nodegxt at yahoo.com.au
Sat Dec 16 08:29:56 EST 2006

Chris Samuel wrote:

>On Thursday 14 December 2006 12:13 pm, Fenn Bailey wrote:
>

>>G'day all,
>>
>>Just wondering if anyone had played much with any of the 802.11 Pre-N gear
>>and what they've thought. I've had a couple of people tell me it's pretty
>>amazing in terms of propegation/speeds/etc.
>>

>Not here, but this comment in Wikipedia about pre-N gear doesn't sound too
>hopeful:

It stands to reason that in order to obtain PreN type speeds that the
one thing required is
spectrum,  so no more none overlapping channels in PreN, it just uses it
all.  Which naturally
would wipe out all other nearby systems, as well as probaly cause
detremental interference
to other systems further afield.

Maybe PreN should have been a 5GHz protocol only.  But when it all boils
down to it,  manufactures
dont care what your link is like that just want your money!

Regards

Mark

NodeGXT/VK3JMA