[MLB-WIRELESS] GPS Re: dealsdirect Transcom description updated

Red_Wolf_2 glp71s at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 21:37:14 EST 2006

While the VTS3000X is not very useful in its current state, the two
daughterboards (GPS unit and GPRS modem) do look like they're
useable... The GPRS modem is a motorola g18 data module (more details
on it here... http://www.avnet.co.za/New_Products/Motorola/GSM/g18/g18_GSM_Module.htm
and http://www.motorola.com/mot/doc/0/957_MotDoc.pdf)
and the GPS module is a Leadtek LR9540 revision D GPS module, with
further details here... http://www.sheenasia.com/en/SoftDown.asp?id=27
It looks like NMEA0183 data can be pulled directly from the module if
you get the right pins (as in the documentation) but I am yet to test
this....

I suspect the parts may still be worth more than the transcom unit
itself, so if anyone manages to work out ways of using either or both
of them.....