[MLB-WIRELESS] Launching The Automagic Firmware Builder

Dan Flett conhoolio at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 2 12:28:11 EST 2006

Hi Chris,

Thanks for giving it a go!

In the Freifunk Firmware, the wireless interface is the "public" network and
the LAN ports are the "private" network - i.e. your home LAN.  OLSR is not
active on the LAN side.  If you've used OpenWRT before you'll find that the
Freifunk Firmware is pretty restricted in what you can do - it has been
designed instead to be user friendly and to enable non-technical people to
set up a routed-adhoc network quickly and easily.  Because Freifunk is based
on OpenWRT you can make it do what you want, but you'll have to find out
where the default values are kept and override them first.

I'm still interested in getting feedback on this - that URL again:

http://flett.zapto.org/firmware

Cheers,

Dan