[MLB-WIRELESS] MWRP v0.8.1 Beta released for testing.

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Mon Aug 14 22:40:18 EST 2006

Hi all!

After a full day of coding, patching, updating and compiling, version
0.8.1 of MWRP is now available for testing. This release makes it dead
easy to run a MW custom branded access point.

After you have installed OpenWRT, it's a matter of 3 (usually) simple steps.
     $ ipkg install
http://melbournewireless.org.au/files/wrt54/Packages/mwhotspot_0.8.1_mipsel.ipk
     $ /bin/hotspot/menuconfig
     $ restart

That should be just about all there is to turning your already working
AP into a MW access controlled AP. This means that you'll have secure
authenticaion to keep people out of your wifi connection, as well as
being able to set a list of people you want to access your gear with
no restrictions!

The authentication backend resides on the Melbourne Wireless server
(and has been re-written twice today!) to be sleeker and faster than
ever - while still hold a lot of promise for future expansion.

If you haven't already tried MWRP, please consider it. You'll be
surprised how powerful and friendly it is :)

If you do happen to stumble upon a bug, please let me know! I've been
giving it a test for quite a while and haven't been able to make it
die yet!

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au