[MLB-WIRELESS] More on Wifi security

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at optushome.com.au
Mon Aug 14 15:12:06 EST 2006

At 01:51 PM 8/14/2006, Steven Haigh wrote:

>Does anyone have any real details on just what on earth they are
>talking about? Something about hacking the driver to take control of
>the machine?

Basically, from what I've read on this over the past few weeks, it's
possible to take over a machine remotely via the WiFi driver, as some
are poorly implemented.  Incidentally, this is not limited to PCs
running Windows.  I have also read reports some Macs may be vulnerable as well.

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com