[MLB-WIRELESS] Netgate 400mW Atheros MiniPCI cards

Paul McGowan - Yawarra paul.mcgowan at yawarra.com.au
Thu Apr 6 08:17:08 EST 2006

Hi Simon,

> I found these Netgate 400mW Atheros MiniPCI cards that could be of
> interest, I'm not sure if I should get one to replace the Broadcom
in
> my *WRT (Asus WL-500g) or not
>
> EMP-8602 6G: 802.11a/b/g 400mW High Power mini PCI Card
> http://www.netgate.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_34&products_id=279
>
> Twice as much power output as the Senao. One thing to be aware of
with
> these cards is to be sure to stay under the legal limit.

Sometimes also known as the NMP-8602 PLUS (EMP-8602 is the name they
get in the US), but it's the same card, and they are still made by
Senao.

These cards are also available here (with Australian compliance)

http://www.yawarra.com.au/catalogue.php

Best regards,

Paul McGowan

Yawarra Information Appliances Pty Ltd