[MLB-WIRELESS] External aerial, what cabling?

Zoe Marshall zoe.t.marshall at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 01:19:25 EST 2006

I am in the process of gathering components to mount an aerial on the roof .
I'm relatively new to wireless networking, but i've done my homework
regarding coaxial cabling and found that the cabling I should be using is
CDF-400 / LMR-400 or uncommonly, RG-213.

I need to run a 7-9 metre run of this cable, however which cable I am unsure
of. I have found premade cables this size to be rather expensive. Are there
any cheaper alternatives to the coax types I listed above which will do the
job just as well with low loss, or perhaps somebody could direct me to where
I may be able to acquire a cheaper premade cable?

Thanks,

Zoe