[MLB-WIRELESS] looking for a graphics card...

Gabrielle Harrison & Paul van den Bergen gabpaul at numbat.melbpc.org.au
Thu Sep 29 22:22:14 EST 2005

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone had a spare graphics card going begging...

been having a devil of a time getting BSD up and running...

heres the setup.
somewhat older celeron-era PC with 300 MB ram and 2 HDD, 15 and 10 GB
onboard NVidia graphics.

I've tried FreeBSD 5.3 and 5.4 and now linux (UBUNTU) with gnome and KDE
and all have a total coniption at some point either during X load or after
the Desktop loads...

seems to be a bad thing between X and either the hardware... I would
really like to (longterm) borrow or get an addon graphics card, preferably
AGP, but happy for PCI, just to see if it makes a difference.

Ironically I gave 2 away about a month ago... silly me....

--
   ########## Paul van den Bergen,
#  #       # & Anja van den Bergen
   #   ###### gabpaul at melbpc.org.au