[MLB-WIRELESS] Commercial: Minitar Replacement - In Stock at Last

Rob Clark clark at freenet-antennas.com
Mon Sep 19 22:19:24 EST 2005

The long wait is over!

Today I took delivery of a new high performance AP - which I am calling
the UltraWAP.

This AP is a direct replacement for the Minitar MNWAPB (no longer in
production).

Here is how it compares to the Minitar MNWAPB

Manufacturer:
 Same as Minitar MNWAPB. (Edimax)

RF Section:
 Same as Minitar MNWAPB.
 This is good news as the excellent RF performance was one of the big
strengths of the MNWAPB.

Operating System:
 Same as Minitar MNWAPB. Linux based. I have already connected my PC to
the console port on the PCB and got the bootup messages and login
prompt.

Size/Shape/Power/Removable antenna:
 Identical to Minitar MNWAPB

POE Compatible:
 Same as Minitar MNWAPB.

Speeds:
 802.11b Mode: Same as MNWAPB (11 Mbps max.)
 802.11g Mode: **NEW**. Up to 54 Mbps

Modes:
 AP: Same as MNWAPB
 Client: Same as MNWAPB
 Bridge: Same as MNWAPB
 WDS: Same as MNWAPB
 Universal Repeater: **NEW**.

Security
 MAC Address filter: Same as MNWAPB
 WEP: Same as MNWAPB
 WPA/WPA2: **NEW**.
 RADIUS: **NEW**. (Authentication)
 802.11x: **NEW**. (Authentication)

Performance:
 In a nutshell - great!
 See this link for real world tests.

http://nuke.freenet-antennas.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pi
d=3#SS4

Price:
 $99 incl GST (discounts for quantity and resellers)

More Details:
 See this link for details.
http://store.freenet-antennas.com/product_info.php?products_id=218

If you have any questions, please email sales at freenet-antennas.com.

I have a pair of tester units I can make available to Melb-Wireless on
loan. Few conditions:

1) You have a specific point-to-point link that is running today with
rpSMA APs (so you can simply swap over and compare). Ideally - if you
have a Minitar-Minitar PtP link that you would like to run faster.
2) They are loaner units (I need them back)
3) One person in Melb-Wireless responsible for the units (ie so I have a
single point of contact)

If Melb-Wireless wants these test loaner units - please contact me
direct.

Regards

Rob Clark
www.freenet-antennas.com