[MLB-WIRELESS] Captive portal

Fenn Bailey fenn_b at smktech.com.au
Thu Oct 13 17:22:08 EST 2005

> > So, who's using one and what are you using?

Me too! I currently run/administer several captive portal appliance type
devices that use Chillispot as the authentication base. This is the same (I
believe) as used in OpenWRT/Sveasoft (though I could be wrong).

The only problem with it is it's probably too heavy weight and requires a
RADIUS server. I guess it would be kinda nice to have a RADIUS server hooked
into the melbwireless authentication system (for the webpage/etc). It would
be very easy to do with FreeRADIUS as well.

> If anyone would like to get practically involved in the
> supply and configuration of a solution we have Mountain Goat
> on tap :-)

You've said the magic words now! You'd be amazed how much advice/involvement
I'll give for goat :) (which bar is it, btw?)

	Fenn.