[MLB-WIRELESS] Setting up a radius server

admin-list at deathnet.id.au admin-list at deathnet.id.au
Sun Nov 20 01:54:30 EST 2005

Matthew Delves wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone has had any experience setting up a radius
> server on FreeBSD?
>
> Currently I have freeradius installed, though no real idea of how to get
> this working so I can have user verification with WPA.

I had FreeRadius running under FreeBSD, testing EAP-(T)TLS and
EAP-MSCHAPv2 using a WAP54g(V2 hardware) access point.

My node was taken out by an-act-of-god (lightning) about 2 months ago,
so that put a cap on things for now.

Anyways, good reading:

http://ldp.paradoxical.co.uk/HOWTO/8021X-HOWTO/index.html

For anyone interented in FreeBSD and wireless authentication, a good
read is:

http://www.hpi.net/whitepapers/warta/

--
Cheers, Mick