[MLB-WIRELESS] eth0,1,2

Ian Donaldson ian at myinternet.com.au
Mon Nov 7 09:21:04 EST 2005

On 06/11/2005, at 11:03 AM, Daryl Knight wrote:

> 	Having a little trouble shoving 3 ethernet cards into an old BX
> motherboard.  (Sometimes I wonder why I do these things)  I have a
> problem
> in so far as there are 3 different card, an onboard eepro100 which
> insists
> on using irq10, an HPVG which also wants to insist on using IRQ10
> and a
> realtek 8139 which pops up at IRQ11 nicely... the two on IRQ10 are
> working
> although it produces plenty of errors.  But nothing I can do seems
> to be
> able to shift the IRQ allocation.

What is your OS? You don't actually say what the problem is here
although I am getting an implication that the 8139 doesn't work? In
any case IRQs are *meant* to be sharable and two cards (or 100) on
the same IRQ is not a problem in and of itself. If you're having
problems, it is most likely a poorly written driver.

Ian
Ian Donaldson, SA @ MI                       -- ian at myinternet.com.au