[MLB-WIRELESS] VPNs

David Ashburner d_ashburner at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 12 09:02:15 EST 2005

>Another thought regarding VPNs.  What we're really aiming to do is to
>create
>a tunnel.

Yep exactly - A tunnel that joins two parts of a wireless network together
so it can function as a network.
Or a remote Node that is running an AP but has no backlink because of no
LOS, why not allow that node to tunnel in.

>I even wonder if using your Internet connection to tunnel between two
>networks is even against the average "fair use" policy.

Thinking about this more, Iit's not even as if the guy at the end of the
tunnel is going to leech your Internet connction as he must have broadband
connection to set up his end of the tunnel. - So, only traffic that is
destined for some other part of the MW network would travel across the
tunnel.