[MLB-WIRELESS] Bridge 802.11x (TKIP or AES)

admin-list at deathnet.id.au admin-list at deathnet.id.au
Fri May 27 01:48:43 EST 2005

Peter Buncle wrote:
> What is the bridge going to be connected too / used for what purpose ?

Hi Peter,

I want to locate the device (bridge) in a weatherproof aluminium
enclosure that would be mounted to the antenna mast. And then run an
ethernet cable down to a network switch! This would limit feedline
(coax) losses and cost.

The access point that, the bridge will be a client for, is a Linksys
WAP54Gv2 using the 802.1x mechanism with TKIP encryption.

WEP is not supported because it sucks, when it's your only layer of
security... TKIP or better still, AES will make you sleep a bit better
at night!

The only other way i can think of making a link, is to use two access
points in bridge mode with WEP! and then tunnel over the wireless link
with IPsec or some other VPN package which means a Linux or *BSD box at
each end.

As always, thanx for the help :)

--
Cheers, Mick
E-mail: admin-list at deathnet.id.au

"Man who say it cannot be done, shouldn't interrupt the man
  who is doing it."

¤°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ DeathNet - www.deathnet.id.au ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤