[MLB-WIRELESS] Mini PCs (slightly OT) -PC104-esk stupid question.

Gabrielle Harrison & Paul van den Bergen gabpaul at numbat.melbpc.org.au
Sun May 22 20:38:55 EST 2005

On Fri, 20 May 2005 12:33:04 +0100, Donovan Baarda
<abo at minkirri.apana.org.au> wrote:
> PC104 is ISA on a stackable header. The cards are around 10cm square (or
> was that 12cm?). It's kinda old now, and I believe there is now compact
> PCI, which is a PCI equivalent.

What I have never got a handle on is why the backplane? or rather, how
does the back plane work? if you just buy the P104 board, do you need a PC
to stick it in (I (mis-)recall Amigas working like this for CPU
upgrades???)? or are there stand-alone backboards (powered comms bus type
thingie)?

anyway, enough about the hardware...

--
   ########## Paul van den Bergen,