[MLB-WIRELESS] Antenna link

Ratbaggy wireless at smithsgully.net
Wed May 18 09:42:46 EST 2005

Hi Alan,

I bring the test equipment to most meetings.  If you need to test anything,
just ask and I'll grab the gear from the car.  Having tested quite a few
antennas now, the most successful constructors have used proven designs
constructed to tight tolerances.  A yagi made by Greybeard springs to
mind!!!!!

Another point to remember is that with the indoor measurements we do at the
meetings, we can only measure the antennas ability to absorb energy (Return
Loss or SWR), a good indication that it's working but not the whole story.
The gain and radiation pattern.will still be unknown.

David Nuttall.