[MLB-WIRELESS] WRAP kits - Bulk Buy expressions of interest sought!

Paul McGowan paul.mcgowan at yawarra.com.au
Tue Mar 22 15:11:42 EST 2005

Hi David,

> Oh, have you seen the gateworks kit? Uses the Intel X-scale processor.  I
> really like the idea of having more than 2 Mini-PCI slots. 2 is fine for a
> Cx Node (1 for AP, one for link) but a serious backbone node needs 3 or 4
> :)  http://www.gateworks.com/avila_family.htm

Have to admit I haven't yet, but I'll take a look.

Out of interest, there is space in the WRAP outdoor case to stack 2
WRAP boards, and therefore have 4 mini-PCI slots.  That's the 4A2E (4
antenna, 2 ethernet) version.  Same compact size, and the cost
diference is the extra antennas, pigtails and board.  What's more, if
one board dies (not that it is likely) you can still have a
functional (even if degraded) service.  Redundancy is good for
backbones...

Appreciate the well wishes, we hope it goes well too. :-)

Cheers,

Paul McGowan
Yawarra Information Appliances Pty Ltd
http://www.yawarra.com.au/
Tel: (03) 9800-2261,  Fax: (03) 9800-2279
PO Box 606, Boronia VIC 3155