[MLB-WIRELESS] 802.15.4

David Ashburner d_ashburner at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 19 19:33:47 EST 2005

snip - (Dan - from the tunnel thread)
>All well and good, but do we need to specify 802.11 equipment?  Sure, 99%
>of
>the time we use 802.11 equipment but by specifying it in our About
>statement
>we imply that that's all we are about.

Yeah, 802.11x is fine for the big stuff but how about the little stuff. I
like the ideal of being involved in making an alternative mesh but what do
you put on the end of it? Wireless has a lot more uses in the home than
connecting to the internet.

Anyone had a look at zigBee?
It's still a little out there ( kind of like Buetooth 3 years ago -
integrated radio chips cheaper. but still unobtanium).

here are a couple of good intros:

http://www.embedded.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=18902431
http://www.circuitcellar.com/library/print/0205/Cross175/index.htm
http://www.circuitcellar.com/library/print/0305/Cross176/index.htm