[MLB-WIRELESS] Hills Reflector focal point

Horace Pinker horacepinker at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 6 22:20:53 EST 2005

Hi Tim I am assuming youre after the actual focal point not the point where
the dipole is located yeah? Unfortunatly i can only provide you with a
general estimate of where the dipole location is which is at 14cm from the
dish now in the past  with the coniffer dish i have found that the truefocal
point can be found by attaching a couple of strings  above and bellow the
dipole (center of the dish) and passing them through the centre of a washer,
then you need to pull the strings through the washer, while keeping the
washer at the center of the dish. when the string intersects the outer edges
of the dipole you have found the focal length of the dish (its at the spot
where the washer is) This is all going from meory tho so might not be a 100%
accurate
Anyway I have done tihis with a 15 dbm antenna and the focal length is  18cm
from the backing plate, which happens to be very close to the outer limits
of the plastic casing and the internal reflector?