[MLB-WIRELESS] Internet Access

Darren Dreis darrend at ndpgroup.com.au
Tue Jun 28 17:12:34 EST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Flett [mailto:conhoolio at hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 28 June 2005 12:27 PM
To: Darren Dreis; melbwireless at wireless.org.au
Subject: RE: [MLB-WIRELESS] Internet Access

>>I don't think that keeping the authorities satisfied is by any means
going to be a walk in the park, but if >>we think about it in a positive
way, explore the posibilites, and start to formulate a plan, we may well
be >>able to come up with something that works.

Yes technically anything is possible. I have no doubt we have the
technical expertise within the group to come up with a solution that
should be acceptable. My point really is that many people seem to think
the 'non-commercial' clause means the rules don't apply to us at all.

>>How much administration is required?  If we keep logs, verify and
authenticate users, and only allow limited >>access to the Internet, I
believe we can keep the administrative overhead down.

I'm not one for writing proverbs... But there should be a confucius
saying for volunteer/community groups that says: Those that have the
expertise and are willing to give it for free, are usually those that
don't have the time available to give it.

>>How about people come up with some ideas about how to make this work,
rather than thinking about how it's
>>not going to work?

Not saying it cant work.... Merely why?
Right now the technical details are irrelevant, if and when we get to
this point, those issues will need to be resolved to the satisfaction of
the AG's dept, ACA, and ASIO

Personally I don't believe it's appropriate for MW right now.