[MLB-WIRELESS] Internet Access

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Tue Jun 28 14:24:47 EST 2005

Everything else aside, if MW bought bandwidth at $400 per Mbit wholesale,
we'd have to cover a minimum cost of $400 per month. This is ignoring the
fact that we still have to get that bandwidth from somewhere (the source),
and get it to wherever we want.

We have nowhere near the potential income to pull this off at this stage.
I love the idea, but in reality, it's not going to happen until the
network grows more. We're still nowhere near the point of being able to
offer a service like this, as if people are paying $400 per month per
Mbit, then it has to be stable and available 24/7. Something that is not
possible with the currently available network.

Again, I'm not ruling this out for the future - but it is not something
that will be officially considered by MW at this stage.

If you want to share your personal connection out to your local area, then
thats fine - you just need to be aware that any consequences of this will
be shouldered by you, not MW.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au