[MLB-WIRELESS] Internet Access, was: New node, very interesting stumbles.

Dan Flett conhoolio at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 27 18:29:55 EST 2005

Replying to myself - always a good look.

>Of course, there's also the ACA rules to contend with.  I'm not sure if any
>of the ideas I've just mentioned contravene them, but since no-one is
>profiting or receiving Internet access in-kind I believe we at least
>wouldn't be violating the spirit of the rules.  Of course, if providing
>gear to another node to obtain network access does contravene the rules
>then forget what I said and make sure you never put it into practice. ;)

I just had a look at the ACA website, and it seems that you'd be pretty safe
putting some of your gear on someone else's node.  If you are both Melbourne
Wireless members and it is a point-to-point link then the question of
whether or not you are providing a public service isn't even an issue.  The
owner of the gear and the owner of the site could both be said to be in the
same "immediate circle".