[MLB-WIRELESS] GHO ----- UPDATE!

Darren Dreis darrend at ndpgroup.com.au
Thu Jun 16 08:35:57 EST 2005

Yes GHO was down... And is now back up, with some changes.

The Northern Interface is left 'as is' running the senao ap into a 14dB
panel with HORIZONTAL polarisation. Note that this interface seems to be
visible as far south as Carnegie. It's SSID is now GHO-North

The Southern Interface is the Symbol AP with an 18dB panel with
HORIZONTAL polarisation (note not VERTICAL as previously announced). The
SSID should be GHO-South (but may be GHO-Mobile, due to us playing
around with cables in the dark! :P), we will confirm and fix over the
weekend ;)

We have added an additional interface running another Senao (provided by
Dan, ty) on an 8dB Omni (obviously vertical) with an SSID of GHO-Mobile.
Please let me know if you are able to associate with this and what the
results are.

We 'will' have full OSPF routing thanks to Dan providing a WRT54G
running opentwrt and quagga (if he doesn't brick another one :P), this
should be functional sometime this weekend.
Check the wiki page http://melbourne.wireless.org.au/wiki/?NodeGHO for
address details.

Also those that currently have links defined on locfinder, could you
please change them to link to the correct interfaces.

I'll update after the weekend once we have routing functional

Darren Dreis
Vice President
Melbourne Wireless