[MLB-WIRELESS] [OT] Deal on home phones.

Dean Collins Dean at collins.net.pr
Thu Jun 16 00:47:51 EST 2005

I use Faktortel for my Sydney indial number connected to an asterisk server.

I cant believe how much money this saves me considering I'm located in NY and can receive unlimited incoming calls for business/friends on that number for a flat rate of $12 per month.

(I also use Paket8 for outgoing here in the USA but I don't recommend them for Australia).

BTW if you are thinking of getting into this check out asterisk at home.

If you are only new to Asterisk there is now asterisk at home http://asteriskathome.sourceforge.net  (don't be put off by the name - people run entire companies on this version)
The asterisk at home solution the easiest way to get started. It is an .iso cd that you burn, load into a suitable PC (I run mine on a P3-700) and this super smart scripting code automatically installs the following software;
Asterisk (the open source switching software)
AMP (an open source release of a gui configurator) they have their own separate sourceforge website https://sourceforge.net/projects/amportal
FOP (a graphical web page for transferring calls, monitoring who is online etc) http://www.asternic.org
Web meetme (a graphical web page for monitoring and controlling conference calls)

Cheers,
Dean