[MLB-WIRELESS] hacking MSI RG54G2 - what it looks like inside

Rowan Crowe rowan at sensation.net.au
Sun Jul 24 20:37:22 EST 2005

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005, David Ashburner wrote:

> >Minitar have just released a new version (with a new case), coincidentally
> >so have MSI.
> >
> They have indeed, but I think it is a totally diferent unit inside. The new
> MNWAPGR uses the ralink chipset now, whereas the old one MN54G4R uses
> intersil the same as yours.
>
> What got me interested here is the unpopulated Mini-PCI connector. Now that
> would be cool, adding a second radio :)

Oh, so your software development was based on the Minitar/MSI hardware
that I have? ( http://satin.sensation.net.au/rowan/MSI_RG54G2_small.jpg )

Is it commercial or are you going to share more details? :)

BTW the price has been fluctuating a bit at MSY since I purchased it. $70
when I got it, $75 the other day, now $69 on the current price list.

Cheers.