[MLB-WIRELESS] hacking MSI RG54G2 - what it looks like inside

Rowan Crowe rowan at sensation.net.au
Fri Jul 8 19:00:30 EST 2005

Got this unit tonight for $70, and took a peek inside...

http://satin.sensation.net.au/rowan/MSI-RG54G2-hack.html

Anyone recognise the innards? I've included the full sized image,
sharpened considerably so that the overlay and IC part numbers are clearly
visible. There isn't much about MSI products (let alone actually doing
something unusual with them) currently sitting in Google.

Is the 10 pin header likely to be a serial port?

Also bought an MSI PCI card (including cable and external antenna with
felt base) for $38. I'm curious to see how well the cheap stuff
performs...

Cheers.