[MLB-WIRELESS] Xbox Game server

Richard van Orsouw rvo at optusnet.com.au
Sat Jan 22 19:33:55 EST 2005

Things to do with your wireless links.
Just letting u guys know how to setup an xbox game server over your
wireless links. As you may or may not know, most xbox game servers work
by connecting to a game server that exists on the inet ie xbconnect,
xlink kai and gamespy, which is OK if every xbox has its own internet
connection. But if you have several xboxs that are connected over
wireless links, why use the internet?. The only app I have found that
works in our situation is http://www.xboxgw.com/. Problem is its old and
unsupported, but it works as a server or client in linux which means we
can run it as a background app in our linux/routers.  If you guys get a
chance to try it out, let me know of your experiences or if someone
knows of a newer/better app please msg me..

Cheers,

RvO.