[MLB-WIRELESS] Elevation maps on BrisMesh site

David Ashburner d_ashburner at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 12 21:11:37 EST 2005

>From: Tom Fifield <gummay at gummAY.net>
>To: melbwireless at wireless.org.au
>Subject: Re: [MLB-WIRELESS] Elevation maps on BrisMesh site
>Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:14:48 +1100
>
>It's been on the cards for some time. See
>http://www.melbournewireless.org.au/wiki/?LocFinderCrossSections .

So, from the wiki page it looks like we haven't extracted the data for the
cross sections yet?

I don't know what we have behind the loc finder but I assume there is a
rdbms somewhere there. Rather than pre-draw the images we could
pre-calculate and then render the appropriate data sets.

Couple of questions about extracting the cross section data,
When you make a query can you specify the start and end coordinates?
I assume you get back a rectangular section of data with information encoded
in layers or do you get the complete data set any you have to filter for
your start and end points?
Is the data is some ISO format (like S57 or similar)?

Is anyone actively working on a countour hunting algo?
Can we borrow the Brisbane one?

cheers,
dna