[MLB-WIRELESS] Elevation maps on BrisMesh site

Tom Fifield gummay at gummAY.net
Wed Jan 12 15:40:04 EST 2005

The los between two points doesn't change (natural distasters and
Japanese golf course makers left out of the equation), but sometimes the
points move[eg GUR], and of course, new points are added - so if static
images were created, they would have to be done on the node
update/creation process, and we already create such images with the
network and node maps on the LocFinder homepage, so of course we can do
it. Doing it this way means that the 'cache' always has fresh data and
does not need to be check on a 'view' page rendering.

Nothing is impossible, but the possible takes some doing :)

Of course, this may all be technicalities -- nothing much has actually
been done yet!

However, if we were to make an at-a-glance LoS profile, how many nodes
would you like in the list ... is 50 by default on the node pages
excessive -- ramping up to 500 when the option is clicked --, or would
putting the 'thumbnails' in /users/closest work better? Do you want to
be able to specify the number and status and suburb and score of nodes?

The other obvious thing to point out is that a larger diagram would live
at /maps/compare

Tom