[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: [RGSouthern] Re-establishing the NodeGDW<>RGSouthern link

Peter Swandale swandale at dodo.com.au
Sun Jan 9 23:43:37 EST 2005

Winder wrote:

>If it's any help, I've got node HWH....aka project rooster. Project for what
>I don't yet know :)
>
>http://www.melbournewireless.org.au/maps/view?HWH
>
>It's a yard with a large tower on top of a large shed. It's one of the
>really big tower thingies, not just a round pole but the 3D multi segment
>jobbies, I think with some sort of winch to raise the sections. I don't know
>how to get the thing down, and I'm not keen on climbing to the top of it as
>it's so big.
>
>I'm happy to make this into whatever MW decide would be good for it, but
>I'll need help. I think a high power AP with an omni antenna on the top
>would be great, as I expect you could see for miles from the top of it. Then
>you could lock it down for links or something. Up to MW to decide.
>
>But I would like to see more focus from MW for the next 12 months on setting
>up links, and linking more areas together. Without greater interconnectivity
>of the areas and pockets of enthusiests, MW will never be as great as it
>could be and sometimes I think we have missed the boat already.
>
>Let me know. Cheers.
>
>Regards,
>g at z.

I would like to help to gain some experience with wireless and to
provide some form of help to MW. If there is anyone looking for someone
to assist them or would like to assist me in gaining experience then
please contact me. (Need some experience for my new job)
Is MW holding a night/weekend where new people can come along and see
how to get an AP up and running and setting up a local LAN?

Peter Swandale
NodeIJX