[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: [RGSouthern] Re-establishing the NodeGDW<>RGSouthern link

Winder winder at iinet.net.au
Sun Jan 9 13:52:49 EST 2005

If it's any help, I've got node HWH....aka project rooster. Project for what
I don't yet know :)

http://www.melbournewireless.org.au/maps/view?HWH

It's a yard with a large tower on top of a large shed. It's one of the
really big tower thingies, not just a round pole but the 3D multi segment
jobbies, I think with some sort of winch to raise the sections. I don't know
how to get the thing down, and I'm not keen on climbing to the top of it as
it's so big.

I'm happy to make this into whatever MW decide would be good for it, but
I'll need help. I think a high power AP with an omni antenna on the top
would be great, as I expect you could see for miles from the top of it. Then
you could lock it down for links or something. Up to MW to decide.

But I would like to see more focus from MW for the next 12 months on setting
up links, and linking more areas together. Without greater interconnectivity
of the areas and pockets of enthusiests, MW will never be as great as it
could be and sometimes I think we have missed the boat already.

Let me know. Cheers.

Regards,
g at z.