[MLB-WIRELESS] Melbourne Wireless Router Project

Dan Flett conhoolio at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 6 13:16:01 EST 2005

Now, now, be nice.  The man has offered to help us.

Stephen, from personal experience, we tend to be interested in wireless
gear that has the following features:

Cheap:
Such as Minitar Access Points that were recently bought in a bulk
purchase - we ended up paying $80 each for them.

Intelligent:
Such as the Linksys WRT54GS - it runs Linux and can be flashed with
customised, third-party firmware.  We paid $150 each for these recent
bulk buy.

Powerful:
The 200mW Senao NL-2611 CB3 Plus Deluxe Access Point is probably the
best value-for-power AP out there.  They can be had for approximately
AU$160 in bulk on eBay.

So if you can offer any Netgear products as good as or better than
these, we'd love to hear about them.

Cheers,

Dan