[MLB-WIRELESS] IP allocations within a node???

Mark Aitken vk3jma at wia.org.au
Mon Feb 28 14:01:16 EST 2005

Hi John,

My problem with static IP's, as I understand it, with the required
netmask, 255.255.255.240, then that effectivily segments nodes from each
other and would require a router/NAT arrangement in place to bridge
between segments.  Our networks are not that safisticated at this time.
We are only given a certain amount of useful address per node, 14 I
think plus 2 for network and broadcast.  If we dont DHCP in such a
restricted range then some may miss out once a few servers come online
and activity increases???

Maybe I dont understand this issue enough?

But I am open to explaining and learning.

Regards

Mark