[MLB-WIRELESS] DNS......READ THIS!

John McClumpha john at incitegraphics.com.au
Thu Feb 24 14:39:26 EST 2005

Hi Ryan,

thanks for the info - I was unaware of such a system already in place.

My only thought is that the naming convention is very specific to
*melbourne*wireless - at present this doesn't matter - however if (when)
melb wireless manages to spread its wings and connect with one of the
interstate networks things may be a little different. I would have
though a more generic, national naming convention would be the best option?

keep in mind I am simply sharing my thoughgts on this - I am unaware of
the history of this to date (as, it would seem, are many others).

Has this naming convention been set in stone by the committee or is it
just one that has got "off the ground"?

john
node INQ