[MLB-WIRELESS] Jabber Australia BBQ

Jeremy Lunn jeremy at austux.net
Tue Feb 15 18:45:55 EST 2005

Hi everyone,

Jabber Australia is holding a barbecue and since we kind of stole the
idea for the location from Melbourne Wireless, thought we'd better
extend the invitation to any Melbourne Wireless people who are
interested.

For those who don't know, Jabber is an open IM network that works just
like email.  It includes a whole array of client and server software,
most of it free to download.  If you want to do IM over a public
wireless network where you don't necessarily have Internet connectivity
then Jabber is essentially the only way you can do it.  For any further
details on Jabber, see:
http://www.jabber.org.au/

So we're running the barbecue just as a general social thing, just so
people using jabber and others interested in it can get together and
chat.

Date/time: Saturday 5th March 2005 from midday (12pm) onwards
Location: Yarra Bank Reserve, Creswick St, Hawthorn (just off Bridge Rd)
Melways: Melways 2H Ref H6
Details: Please bring your own food/drink.  Family, friends, kids etc
all welcome.

There are some more details in our announcement to the forums:
http://www.jabber.org.au/forums/index.php?showtopic=164

Well hope to see some of you there.  If not, will hopefully get to a
Melbourne Wireless meeting soon.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Lunn