[MLB-WIRELESS] HTML/form hacker required.

Dan Flett conhoolio at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 5 22:21:23 EST 2005

Brilliant!!

What's next, Guinness in a bottle?

Brilliant!  Brilliant! :)

I'm glad you've taken on the task of doing this Steven, because with my
rudimentary coding skills, lack of ability to focus on one project at a
time, and lack of time generally I would have taken a great age to get a
half-decent firmware written.  I have lots of questions about what your
firmware does, but I guess I can wait until the meeting...

Speaking of firmware development - there's a very interesting thread
going on currently in the OpenWRT forums:
http://openwrt.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=922
Someone has basically - for want of a better word - "forked" OpenWRT to
make compiling it much easier and more modular.  It uses a modified
version of the user-friendly Linksys menuconfig tool to select
compilation options.  The new version is called myWRT and its creator
has said he wants to maintain 100% compatibility with OpenWRT.  myWRT
looks like it will make the job of making customised OpenWRT firmwares a
lot easier.  One of the OpenWRT maintainers has replied in the forum
saying they are working on something very similar for an upcoming new
release of OpenWRT.  Hopefully the developers of myWRT and OpenWRT will
team up and release the new version soon.

I hope to have a working example of the hardware side of the (Great)
Melbourne Wireless Router Project
(http://www.melbournewireless.org.au/wiki/?MelbWirelessRouterProject)
ready by the next meeting.  I'll take photos of the innards and the
construction process, as I hope to make it a kit.  If the kit proves
popular I'd be more than happy to "farm out" the construction of the
kits to whoever is interested.  I'd prefer if people didn't charge a
mark-up on the materials to Melbourne Wireless node-owners, but a
reasonably small charge for assembly is fair, I think.

What say you all? :)

Cheers,

Dan

PS. I urge anyone who has the slightest ability with HTML to contact
Steven and offer to help him. :)